Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bag Bowl Water for your Dog where ever you need it

Making sure your pet remains well hydrated on a hot day can be a difficult affair, doubly so if you want to pack light for a simple walk around town.  For those fortunate enough to live in neighborhoods that have pet watering stations this isn't much of a concern, for the rest of us, I suggest "Bag Bowl" (totally not TM).  The basic idea came to me while taking my sister's dog for a walk around the Boston Commons.  While there are water fountains it's a little difficult to get a 50 lbs puppy to the fountain's level and I think people would complain if the pup, Georgia, licked the fountain.  My temporary solution was to take a spare waste disposal bag and fold it into a shape that Georgia could drink from.  This worked rather well but it had some faults, namely the weird hand configuration I needed to fill the bag.  The "Bag Bowl" would serve as a light weight frame to support a dog's waste bag, unused of course, for when you wanted to fill it with water or food.  
(Drawings to come)


I realize that it would probably make more sense to have some kind of pouch deal that had a pocket for the poo bags separately, but I like the idea a bit when I came up with it this afternoon and wanted to update my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment