Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Getting My Game On

I'm growing up, I admit it, I no longer burn through a twelve pack of mountain dew in one night, my obligations are more than summer job and gaming with buddies, I'm growing up, why is it so hard for me to play with grown ups?  I want a service, ideally one that knows all of the various games and platforms I own and enjoy and when I have time to play with people online, and my friends are busy, I want a platform that lets me be a casual player with other casual players.

This idealized app would allow you to link your steam, xbox live, etc... accounts into a single shareable tool, where you can conveniently broadcast to the world that you're down for playing with someone online.  When I start my time slot for gaming, I would press the broadcast button, letting other people with my game list know that I am playing game X.  If someone else joins my game, we can have a trial period of working together in the game, after the time has elapsed you can let them know if you are going to keep playing or not.

A challenging social tool is noting whether people enjoyed playing together and whether or not they want to play together again.  As time goes on the system would  learn what gaming personas you enjoy playing with most and try to best match players.

Imagine a world where when you want to decompress after a long week you aren't duking it out against squeaky 12 year olds or aspiring pro players who can't understand that people have lives outside of a game.  That world is possible.

1 comment: