Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Ideas that Have Started to Happen

I have been meaning to write this post for a while, a post that highlights cool ideas that I wish I could claim I had been the inspiration for (my money is on convergent thought processes)

E-Ink in the keyboard. (similar to Keeping Your Input Dynamic) In the gizmag article Microsoft shows off a keyboard that has an e-ink multi-touch input device on the top row of the attachable keyboard, allowing for more inputs, similar to what I had imagined, (I should really get better about concept renders), although I wonder why they limited themselves to only the top of the keyboard.

Wired has an article about Dutch researcher's work into developing semi-transparent solar panels as a noise absorbing material, so the application is totally different than what I suggested in my semi-transparent solar panel article, but the core technology could be re-purposed for my suggestion, here's hoping the tech is cost effective enough for the greenhouse concept.

It is really exciting to see how seemingly sci-fi ideas are becoming reality.  Here's hoping I can make more updates like this, highlighting co-incidental innovations (or better, brag about bringing my ideas into RL)

No comments:

Post a Comment