Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Hey Someone Did a Thing I Said #3

In my post "Cooling with Hot Water Heaters"  I suggested that it might be a reasonable suggestion to integrate solar hot water heaters and solar panels into a single solution for home energy production (well that and the idea of producing colder mass during the night).  It turns out that a team of researchers in the UK have actually developed a hybrid solar thermal collector and PV array for rooftops.  This is very exciting and I hope that solutions like this do produce a cost effective solution.

On a similar vein I hope that they look into the more convoluted suggestion I had in which the water heating system is used as a refrigeration aid at night.  While this only makes sense for grid connected facilities in hot climates, the ability to cost effectively produce large quantities of both hot and cold materials does wonders for a structures ability to reliably maintain a comfortable climate without straining the grid too much.

Additional Note 10/29/2015  This is an example of pumped thermal systems that could really compliment traditional PV

No comments:

Post a Comment