Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I want it on the record

So this is a reminder to myself to make a fuller post sometime before the new year (2016), but I wanted this one to be on the record, so hopefully some day in the future I can get called out for being either too cynical on the creativity of humanity, or naively optimistic.

It is my opinion, that by 2069 humanity will have  a permanent presence in orbit around Mars, ideally using the surfaces of Phobos and/or Deimos as their base of operations.  These permanent bases will be akin to research stations in Antarctica and the ISS, crewed by humans, but still dependent on the resources of a logistics center to survive.  These bases will host mining operations, limited food growth infrastructure, and so many research sensors.

I know I am one voice saying this, but world, please prove me wrong in the best way possible.  Push the frontiers of human exploration and presence.  The universe feels too empty, let us reach out to the stars and feel the warmth of a thousand suns.

No comments:

Post a Comment